i love this

Saturday, July 15, 2006

well i am happy and sad at the same time. here is why i will miss the kids at my backyard bible clubs they were the best. here is how the best week out of my summer went. on monday i woke up at 7:00 and got ready for my first day of clubs i was excited. i got to the church at 8:00 and heard from my senior pastor at our church and themn we got all pumped up to go out and do clubs i had to wait about 2 hours for my first club and by then i was a bundle of energy. my morning driver Becky Lewis was great she picked us up at 10:15 and we left the church i got to my first club and we meet Danillie's team there and we waited for the kids to show up and like the first day the kids are always scared of us a little so we just played with them and kinda got to know them. then when the club was over we went back to the church to hangout with rest of our youth group.we watched movies and went and found krista a dress for a wedding that she was in. then at about 5:10 we left the church and went to outr next club then at 7:00 we left and went to our next club and last for the day.then at about 8:50 we went back to the church and left from the church to go home. then on tuesday i did the same thing but by then i knew the kids a little more and i had great fun. i got to know a little girl named sarah and a little girl named brooklyn some of the boys i got to know were james and sean to very cute brother who were the best and brooklyn's brother nathan a very smart boy.on wednesday it was time to play in the water which is always the best but by then you are starting to get a little tired but that was of i still loved playing with the kids well here is the best part of that day i had the gospel and the lillttle girl sarah she prayed to recieve christ with me i was ssssssssssoooooo happy. thursday was great to but i was getting more tired but i still had so much fun playing with some of the best kids in the world i just love them all to death.and then there is friday a great but sad day it is the last day of clubs and again we are getting wet and again i was sharing the gospel and this gospel was my testimony wich is a great story because i accepted christ at a backyard bible clubat my first club i had a little boy named aydin accepet christ with me that made me have a great start to my day. at my next 2 clubs i had great council time with the kids in my group.here is the only sad thing about this week is when you have to say goodbye to all of those kids who want to come to summerfest but cant that makes you sad and they are all coming up saying that they will miss you it always amazes me how attached i get to these kids in just five days. but tomorrow is suday and i will hopefully get to see lots of them tomorrow well i have to go now my brother is not felling well and i am sure he would like me to get of the computer so he can go to bed. well i love BACKYARD BIBLE CLUBS THEY ARE THE BEST.

4 Comments:

Blogger Seanzy said...

For my first year to ever participate in The Great Adventure, I for one of have been blown away by how amazing God is in the lives of these kids. It was worth every second, in fact I'd give up the rest of my summer to do this over and over.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Yeah, what Sean said. Even though this is my third year, I would still do it over and over...

8:37 AM  
Blogger faith said...

Jesus is incredible. For my first year to participate, it wasn't at all what I was expecting, but so much better! It is true, I was so sad to leave my little kids - I will always remember them. It was the most precious moment I can remember when two girls prayed with me, and that changed my life. Wow. I would do it over and over as well. can't wait til next summer! Jesus is incredible.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

frog

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home